Inspired by reading Steve Tilley's post of the same name I thought it timely to write a list of things that make me happy. In no particular order, not necessarily complete either...
1. Discovering new music (thanks to E for Damon Albarn's Everyday Robots and Gorillaz Plastic Beach, being the most recent)
2. Being able to spend time reading, thinking and planning
3. Nice coffee
4. Taking a photograph that I want to look at again and again
5. Chord sequences that aren't obvious, but which you can record and then play over the top of
6. Old friends
7. Time off with family
8. Finding a video on the internet which explains something I didn't understand
9. A proper French galette with a Breton Cider to wash it down with
10. Getting lost in a book
11. Laughing at a really good joke with somebody else
12. Driving in Europe in the Land Rover
13. Reading about somebody else's travels as I plan my own
14. Cooking a nice meal
15. Being able to wear shorts all day
16. Walking round a gallery
17. Sitting in a theatre
18. Having the time to go for a run...
19. ...and then be able to doze in the bath afterwards
20. Waking up in the morning after a good sleep
What makes you smile?